In order to ensure your EPF transactions remain intact and you do not face any hassle associated with credit of EPF funds, here you are advised to keep your bank account details updated with the EPFO which takes care of your retirement corpus by administering your EPF account.
So, here are discussed the process and steps involved in updating bank details with the EPF account:
Also before we get into such details, here is also told that in case you place a withdrawal request ad your details are not updated, then withdrawal request shall be rejected.
1. Login to your EPF account using your credentials such as the EPF UAN
2. And after you are logged in, you need to go to the menu section and click on the link called 'Manage'.
3. Now, you need to click on the drop down menu and click on the KYC option.
4. And now you will be taken to a page to update various KYC details such as in case of updating bank account details, click on that. Here you need to provide all bank related details such as bank account number, name of the bank account holder as well as IFSC code.
5. And now you need to click on the save option for saving your details.
6. Here you will see a message saying ' KYC pending for approval' and then you need to provide bank account supporting document to your employer who will then approve your request for updating bank details in the EPF account.
7. Then from here your request shall be transferred for approval to "Digitally Approved KYC" section, implying, now all the services that were linked with your previous bank account and EPF will come to your newly updated bank account. And for the updation, you will also receive an SMS on your mobile number linked to your EPF account.