Against the ongoing and rising fraud activities, especially mobile number frauds the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has taken necessary action by launching the Telecom Analytics for Fraud management and Consumer Protection (TAF-COP) portal. "Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has taken several measures to ensure proper allocation of telecom resources by Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) to subscribers and protect their interests in ensuring reduction of frauds. As per existing guidelines, individual mobile subscribers can register up to nine mobile connections in their name," TAF-COP has mentioned on its official website. Let's know about the facilities of this new website and check the steps to verify your mobile number against your Aadhaar Card.
Very useful service launched by @TRAI / DOT !— Vijay Shekhar Sharma (@vijayshekhar) August 26, 2021
Open the below site and type in your mobile number and you will know the mobile numbers of all the SIM cards purchased with your Aadhaar number as soon as you enter the OTP. You can ban any of them. https://t.co/EdomPmQlXf
Facilities of TAF-COP portal
According to the website of TAF-COP "This website has been developed to help subscribers, check the number of mobile connections working in their name, and take necessary action for regularising their additional mobile connections if any. However, the primary responsibility of handling the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) lies with the service providers." The facilities provided under this portal are as follows:
- Subscribers having more than nine multiple connections in their name will be intimated by SMS.
- Subscribers having more than nine multiple connections in their name can - Click here, to take necessary action.
- Go check the status Click here to login with your number and enter the "Ticket ID Ref No" in the "Request Status" box.
- Currently, this facility is available only to Telangana and Andhra Pradesh consumers.
Guidelines On Customer Acquisition
DoT has released guidelines on Customer Acquisition. These guidelines permit registration of up to nine mobile connections in a Subscriber's name, TAF-COP has mentioned on its website. To know more about the instructions and guidelines on verification of new mobile subscribers (prepaid and postpaid), please click here.
Steps to check your mobile number
To check the list of mobile number registered on you IDs, please follow the steps listed below:
- Visit https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/ and enter your mobile number which you want to verify.
- Click on 'Request OTP' and you will get a 6-digit one-time password (OTP) on your entered mobile number.
- Click on 'Validate OTP' and on the next page, you will get a list of mobile numbers registered on your ID or entered mobile number.
- You may choose to select the numbers that are not in your name or not required and submit your Report.