Select banks have been providing cardless cash withdrawals at ATMs for its customers and this service comes especially handy amid the coronavirus pandemic where people prefer contactless payments. The service allows bank customers to make cash withdrawals as well as remit money to beneficiaries across India without using a physical debit card.
However, this facility is available at select ATMs only.
This week private player Kotak Mahindra Bank launched its cardless cash withdrawal facility through ATMs (Instant Money Transfer - IMT). ICICI Bank and SBI also provide this facility.
Those who wish to make these cashless withdrawals will have to use ATMs of these banks only and initiate transactions using apps of the specific bank.
The cash withdrawal limit also varies from bank to bank.
How to make cashless card withdrawals?
Kotak Mahindra Bank
Customers of Kotak Mahindra Bank can withdraw the money themselves or send money to another person by initiating the transaction through the Kotak Net Banking or mobile banking platforms, using their registered mobile numbers.
- Login into Kotak net banking or the Kotak Mahinda Bank's mobile banking app and select "Banking" tab. Next, choose the "cardless cash withdrawal (IMT)" option.
- Choose between the "self withdrawal" and "send to beneficiary" option.
- Enter the amount.
- Set the "sender code" and review details. Click "confirm."
- Through the "send the beneficiary" option, account holders can register the beneficiary's name, mobile number and address. This beneficiary registration will be a one-time process only and can also include their own name and details for the self-withdrawal option.
- Once the IMT is created after clicking on "confirm," the beneficiary will be able to withdraw cash from any Kotak ATM in India by selecting the option of cardless cash withdrawal (IMT) on the ATM screen.
- Enter the mobile number, sender code and SMS code received from the bank.
- Enter the exact amount of the withdrawal as partial withdrawals are not permitted.
- Download ICICI iMobile App and Login.
- Select 'Services'>'Cash Withdrawal at ICICI Bank ATM.'
- Enter the amount.
- Select the account number.
- Create a 4-digit temporary PIN.
- You will receive a reference OTP (One Time Password).
- Visit any ICICI Bank ATM and select 'Cardless Cash Withdrawal.'
- Enter mobile number and enter reference 6-digit OTP number received in SMS.
- Input your temporary 4-digit PIN and then select the amount for withdrawal.
The cash withdrawal request and OTP are valid up to next day midnight and the daily transaction limit as well as per transaction limit is set at Rs 20,000.
State Bank of India (SBI)
- Download SBI's Yono App.
- Click on "Yono Cash."
- Select the account number and enter the amount to be withdrawn.
- The customer will receive a YONO cash transaction number and 'YONO cash PIN'. This PIN expires in 30 minutes so make sure you initiate the transaction after you are close to an SBI ATM.
- Visit the SBI ATM and select 'YONO Cash' on the ATM screen.
- Enter the YONO cash transaction number and enter the amount that needs to be withdrawn.
- Enter YONO cash PIN and validate on YONO server.
- Complete authentication of the transaction and collect cash.