In addition to payment options on IRCTC, IRCTC eWallet is a system under which a customer may deposit money in advance with IRCTC and pay for payment money when booking a ticket. A digital wallet also known as an e-wallet refers to software, an electronic device that makes electronic transactions possible for individuals and companies. It keeps the information from users regarding various payment modes in different websites. IRCTC eWallet has been launched to facilitate, simplify and hassle-free online ticket booking. By using a payment gateway in the bank, users can now avoid the time-consuming process and use the eWallet of IRCTC.
IRCTC eWallet scheme provides the following advantages:
- Transactions free and secure.
- Precious reservation time saved by removing the approval cycle.
- Profit to save ticket fees from the Payment Gateway.
- Manage online accounts and upgrade online.
- Dependency on a particular bank is reduced, as you can still book your tickets from your IRCTC eWallet account when any of the banks provided go offline.
Features of features of IRCTC eWallet:
- User Authentication: In an Internet verification process, IRCTC eWallet users are verified and authenticated via their PAN OR Aadhaar.
- Secured Access: IRCTC offers IRCTC eWallet safe bookings by supplying a Transaction Password/PIN number required for all IRCTC eWallet bookings.
- Complete history: The IRCTC eWallet link that provides IRCTC eWallet Transaction history, IRCTC eWallet payment history, and change transaction password options is provided by a separate user.
- Easy Return: The due refund is credited to your IRCTC eWallet account the next day in the event of cancellation of ticket.
How to register and book a ticket through IRCTC eWallet?
Step 1: Log in to IRCTC with your existing IRCTC user id and password
Step 2: Under IRCTC eWallet Section on the "Plan my travel" page
Step 3: Click the "IRCTC eWallet Registration" link
Step 4: Enter PAN OR Aadhaar and other details
Step 5: Deposit a one-time registration fee of Rs.50/-(Excluding Service Tax) online with any of the available payment options.
Step 6: Credit the IRCTC eWallet with the minimum deposit of Rs.100/.
The IRCTC eWallet is shown as an option for payment, together with other banks, to pay ticket booking amount. Click the 'DEPOSIT HISTORY' link on the left navigation bar for the status of the deposit of the IRCTC eWallet account. Enter the password profile and click 'Go'.
How to deposit money in your IRCTC eWallet?
You can deposit money into your virtual wallet after registering with the IRCTC eWallet. Follow the following steps to deposit funds in your eWallet:
Step 1: Login to your IRCTC eWallet account
Step 2: Under eWallet account, Click "IRCTC eWallet Deposit"
Step 3: Enter the amount
Step 4: Choose one payment method
Step 5: Funds will be credited to your IRCTC eWallet.
Things to note
- Registration Fee Rs 50 + Tax on service (non-refundable)
- Transaction fee: Rs 10 + transaction service fee.
- No cash back / No reimbursement permitted.
- Only for booking railway tickets can IRCTC eWallet Balance be used.
- Users registered with Indian nationality and Indian mobile numbers can only make use of the IRCTC eWallet service.
- The maximum allowable in the account of the user shall be Rs. 10,000.