It is compulsory to link your Aadhaar Card with PAN card as your income tax return cannot be processed in case you have not done it till now. Additionally, if you are planning to carry out a bank transaction of more than Rs 50,000, you must link your Aadhaar card with PAN card.
It is worth noting that there is a double penalty of Rs 1000, in case PAN cardholders have not linked their Aadhaar with PAN till June 30, 2022. If you have not yet linked the two, you need to follow the steps below:
- Pay penalty of Rs 1000 through NSDL (Protean) or Income Tax e-filing website
- Submit the request to link on e-Filing portal after 5-working days of payment
- Check Aadhaar PAN linking status online
It is easy to link PAN card with Aadhar card. The deadline for linking Aadhaar with PAN has been extended till March 31, 2023. You will be required to pay a fee for linking the two documents.
Presently, the fee is Rs 500 in case the linking of the two documents has been done by June 30, 2022. But, if you have not done till June 30, you will have to pay now Rs 1000.
Check the following steps given below to link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card online:
- Visit income tax e-filing portal https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Register on it incase you have not done it. You PAN Number will be your user ID.
- Log into by entering the user ID, password, and date of birth.
- You will get a pop window that will prompt you to link your PAN Card with Aadhar Card. If not, visit the "Profile Settings" on Menu bar and click on "Link Aadhaar".
- Details like "Name", "date of birth", and "gender" will already be specified as per the PAN Card details.
- Verify the PAN details on screen with the ones specified on your Aadhaar. In case there is a mismatch, you must get them corrected in either of the documents.
- If details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on "Link Now" button.
- You will receive a pop-up message informing you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN.
- You may also visit websites https://www.utiitsl.com/ OR https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link your Aadhar Card with PAN card.