SGBs or Sovereign gold Bonds 2021-22 Series I which is currently open and today is the last day can be purchased from various institutions such as commercial banks registered for the purpose, Stock Holding Corporation of India etc.
Why SGBs Are the Best Gold Investment Form?
Before we tell you how to get ahead with buying SGBs from Stock Holding Corporation of India, here we will reinstate that.
Sovereign gold bond are the safest investment category among all the different available categories for the purpose of gold investment such as physical gold, gold funds, gold ETFs
Also, there are no attached storage cost and other risk such as of purity, theft etc.
Infact they are efficient from the taxation point of view, by these we mean that if SGBs are held till maturity i.e. 8 years gains from the investment do not attract any tax implication.
The biggest benefit is while gold is a non-intetest yielding investment, this SGB gold investment earns an investor an interest of 2.5% which is payable half-yearly.
Sovereign Gold Bond 2021-22 Series I- Available At Discount To Market Rates
Gold prices in the spot market are not available because the markets are shut and MCX market is at Rs. 48419 per 10 gm so the landing gold prices in the retail market shall still be higher by Rs. 1500-Rs. 2000 Rs.
With SGBs now priced at Rs. 4727 per gm of gold, while for offline purchase it is priced at Rs. 4777 per gm.
How To Buy SGBs From Stock Holding Corporation Of India Online?
Because we get on the topic here, let's us about the entity first:
Founded in the year 1986, Stock Holding Corporation of India was set up as a IFCI subsidiary. The company based out of Mumbai is a custodian and a depository participant. The company provides a bouquet of comprehensive wealth management and financial advisory services.
Now getting on to the main topic:
On the website of Stock Holding Corporation of India, you need to go to their https://www.stockholding.com/sovereign-gold-bonds.php and there for the different customer types, there are given 3 options:
1. Stock Holding NSDL or CDSL client login
2. Non-stock holding demat account holders login
3. For physical SGB gold application
Also you can click on the page given on the right side of the above page that hosts the SGB buying like and give all your details such as name, last name, mobile number, city and valid mobile number, which shall after verification will send you an OTP.
1. Online onboarding on SHCIL
1. After you provide the same, https://onboard.stockholding.com/SGBRegistration/SGBRegistrationDeatils, you will be taken to this page. This is a link to your SGB account opening, you will be asked your investor category. Select whether it is an individual, HUF, Trust, Charitable institution or university.
Then in the red box there is an option saying e-sign with mobile// email linked aadhaar mandatory.
2. CKYC requirements to be complied with
2. On the next page, your PAN shall be verified, input your details such as PAN number, date of birth, whether you hold your CDSL or NSDL and Client ID with your broker.
Know Aadhaar linked e-signature is a mandatory thing.
Other documents needed to be kept handy are as following;
• Name on PAN Card and Aadhar Card should match
• Client Master Report (CMR) for Demat Account details
• For KYC keep e-aadhaar pdf file or aadhaar ZIP file for upload.
• To generate e-aadhaar pdf click here
• Scan image of signature for upload
• Click to know about NEFT/RTGS through Billdesk.
• Aadhaar based e-Signature Mandatory
• The SGB rate for this tranche is Rs. 4727 /-
3. Email or Mobile verification
3. After your CKYC is successfully done, email and mobile verification shall be done
For it, you need to click on the mode where you wish to receive the OTP for verification email or mobile, after
Your SGB account shall be created with the entity and against it half yearly interest rate at the rate of 2.5 per annual shall be credited on a half yearly basis.
4. Personal details page for buying of SGB
4. At this stage you will be taken to the personal page, here you would need to specify details such
1. The SGB units you want to buy
2. Your mother's number
3. Source which has to be either employer, SOS or broker. Now if you specify broker, your broker code shall be asked.
4. Also, there is an option to add an holder, which you may avoid