In a press release today (August 7, 2021) the date for the release of the next installment of payment under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme has been confirmed. The press release from the Prime Minister's Office said"Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will release the next installment of financial benefit under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme on 9th August, 2021 at 12:30 PM via video conferencing."
This will enable the transfer of an amount of more than Rs. 19,500 crores to more than 9.75 crores beneficiary farmer families. Prime Minister will interact with farmer beneficiaries during the event and will also address the nation, added the release. On the occasion Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar will also be present.
What is PM-KISAN Scheme?
Under the PM-KISAN scheme, a financial benefit of Rs. 6000/- per year is provided to the eligible beneficiary farmer families, payable in three equal 4-monthly installments of Rs.2000/- each. The fund is transferred directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. In this scheme, Samman Rashi of over Rs. 1.38 lakh crores has been transferred to farmer families so far.
The first installment under the scheme amounting to Rs. 2000 is released between April 1 and July 32, second installment between August 1 and November 30 and the third and the last installment from December 1 to March 31.
Notably this financial support is extended to farmers with total landholding/ownership of up to 2 hectares. The scheme is in existence since December 2018 and so far 8 installments have been paid out.
How to check PM Kisan beneficiary status?
To know the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi beneficiary status, you need to follow the below listed steps:
1. Go to the home page of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi pmkisan.gov.in
2. In the second step, in the right hand corner, you will find certain tabs under the menu Farmers Corner such as New Farmer Registration, Edit Aadhar failure records, beneficiary status etc.
3. Click on the 'Beneficiary status' tab.
4. Now you need to choose either of the 3 options i.e. Aadhar number, account number or mobile number.
5. After you select one of the option, you need to click on 'Get data' and the data will appear for you.
The data will provide you with information as to whether or not you have received the PM Kisan 9th installment or not.