The public-sector lender Punjab National Bank has inaugurated a video call service for the submission of life certificates or Jeevan Pramaan Patra for the convenience of Central Government pensioners. In the midst of the current Covid-19 epidemic, this measure will make it simpler than ever for central government pensioners to submit their life certificates. Under the supervision of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, the Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare (DoPPW) recently extended the deadline for submitting a life certificate for Central Government pensioners of all age groups until February 28, 2022. Pensioners will be able to submit life certificates in a hassle-free and secure manner from the comfort of their own homes, thanks to PNB's new Video-based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP) and further extension of the deadline declared by DoPPW.
How to submit a life certificate through PNB's V-CIP?
- Visit https://www.pnbindia.in/ and under the drop-down menu of 'Online Services' click on 'LC submission through video KYC'.
- Now you will be redirected to this page https://onlinesb.pnbindia.in/static/pnb/pwa/main.html#/landinPage where you need to click on 'Life Certificate'.
- Now for verification of your account, enter your PNB account number and registered mobile number.
- Now tick on the terms and conditions and click then click on 'Proceed'.
- Now enter the one-time password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number and enter your Aadhaar Number.
- Now accept the terms and conditions to proceed and enter OTP for verification of Aadhaar.
- Now select your pension type and if you select 'Regular Pension', click on 'Submit Request For Video Life Certificate'.
- And if you select 'Family Pension' then you need to enter the required details of your employment and marital status and then click on 'Submit Request For Video Life Certificate'.
- Now your request for submission of your life certificate will be completed successfully.
- Now note the process of the video life certificate and read the instructions for Android and iOS carefully.
- Now click on 'Call Now' and make sure you have enabled your browser permission and then click on 'Start Calling'.
- Now please wait for the bank official to attend your call once available and during the call the bank official will interact and ask questions as desired for completion of the process.
- The bank official will capture your photograph and your life certificate submission process will be completed for which you will also get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
Note: PNB has also recently revised its savings account interest rates. The bank is now offering an interest rate of 2.80 percent p.a. on savings account balances of less than Rs. 10 lakh, 2.85 percent p.a. on savings account balances of Rs.10 lakh and above to less than Rs.500 crore, and 3.25 percent p.a. on savings account balances of Rs.500 crore and above, respectively, as of January 1, 2022. The public-sector lender Punjab National Bank (PNB) will increase various service charges relating to regular banking operations or non-credit-related services with effect from 15.01.2022, for more details please click here.