Postinfo - Department Posts Android Mobile Application of Department of Posts established by Centre for Excellence in Postal Technology. No matter if it is to estimate your Post Office Life Insurance premiums or to check Post Office investment returns, you can do it all with the Post Office smart app. 'Postinfo', the app, also helps users to search the details of their birth certificate and the nearest post office too. The application is available for download on both the Android and iOS app stores. Users can use eight different options after downloading the app, including Post Office search, service request, postage calculator, insurance, interest calculator, and so on. To take advantage of the app's features, you can pick any service. You can also monitor the status of all your Indian Post related orders. You can also schedule mail delivery directly from the app and monitor their reported grievances. The insurance platform has options such as purchasing Post Office plans and calculating the premium under the RPLI (Rural Postal Life Insurance) and PLI policies. You can also use an interest calculator to determine the returns on your investments. The app also specifies ongoing contributions and how much time you need to spend per month to meet your financial goals. The app contains information about all forms of investments, such as Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, recurring deposits, time deposits, monthly income scheme, senior citizen savings scheme, Public Provident Fund, National Savings Certificate, Kisan Vikas Patra, and so on. Here're the benefits of Postinfo app:
- Tracking Items such as Speed Post, Registered Letter, Insured Letter, Value Payable Letter, Insured Value Payable Letter, Registered Packets, Registered Periodicals, Registered Parcel, Insured Parcel, Value Payable Parcel, Insured Value Payable Parcel, Business Parcel, Business Parcel COD, Express Parcel, Express Parcel COD, and Electronic Money Order (e-MO) can be tracked using the app.
- Status check: Customers can check the status of the above types of articles by entering the article number and tapping the Track tab. You can save the status results for potential use. You can also share the results with others via Android native sharing apps' viz. Bluetooth, WhatsApp, Facebook etc.
- Nearest Post Office search: Customers can get a collection of matching Post offices by entering the first three characters of the Post office's name or the office's Pin code. Doing the same, the customers can get the details such as the Name of the Post Office, Street address (location), and contact details for the Post Office (where available), name of the division and so on for the chosen post office. Offline Pincode search includes options such as finding the nearest post office, locating the post office on Google Map, and making a phone call to the post office.
- Postage calculator: The application can measure the Postage (tariff) for the items such as Ordinary letter, Speed post Domestic, Registered letter, Ordinary Parcel, Registered Parcel, Registered book packet, Registered book packet, Ordinary Registered book packet, Ordinary book packet, Book packet containing periodicals, Book packet containing Registered News papers based on the weight entered by the customer. Domestic Speed Post Tariff is determined by the distance between the point of origin and the point of destination. Tariffs are divided into five categories: local, up to 200 kilometres, 201 to 1000 kilometres, 1001 to 2000 kilometres, and over 2000 kilometres. The tariff is displayed for all categories in the calculator. You can check the tariff for all categories in the calculator.
- Insurance premium calculator: Postal Life Insurance and Rural Postal Life Insurance are two forms of life insurance policies offered by the Department. Based on the details entered, users can calculate the premium payable for all eligible categories of Postal/Rural Postal Life insurance policies.
- Interest calculator: Using this tool you can calculate interest returns for post office small saving schemes such as Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, recurring deposits, time deposits, monthly income scheme, senior citizen savings scheme, Public Provident Fund, National Savings Certificate, Kisan Vikas Patra.