On June 25, 2015, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana - Urban (PMAY-U), an iconic Mission of the Government of India, was unveiled by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). By 2022, as the country celebrates 75 years of independence, the Mission aims to solve the urban housing crisis among the EWS/LIG and MIG groups, including slum dwellers, by providing a pucca house for all deserving urban households. The project ensures Central Assistance to administering agencies through States/Union Territories (UTs) and Central Nodal Agencies (CNAs) in order to provide houses to all deserving families/beneficiaries in response to a legitimate demand for around 1.12 million houses. According to PMAY(U) rules, the size of a house for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) may be up to 30 square metres of carpet area, but States/UTs have the freedom to increase the size of houses with the Ministry's permission. The PMAY scheme is open to all Indian citizens from Low Income Groups (LIG) and Middle Income Groups (MIG). PMAY applications may only be submitted once, with a CSC fee of Rs. 25 if applicable. PMAY provides financial assistance to you for building a house where you can take a loan amount of up to Rs 6 lacs at an annual interest rate of 3 to 6.5%. Here's how you can apply for PMAY and check your name in the list of beneficiaries.
Steps to apply for PMAY
- Visit pmaymis.gov.in and select "For Slum Dwellers" or "Benefits under other 3 components" under the 'Citizen Assessment' section.
- Now enter your Aadhaar card number, and you will be redirected to the online application page.
- Enter all the required details correctly including captcha code and click on 'Save'
- The application procedure is now complete, and you can take out a print of the application for potential use.
Steps to check your name in the list of beneficiaries
- Visit https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/Benificiary.aspx and enter your registration number.
- Details will appear if your name is on the recipient list.
- If you don't have a registration number, go to 'advanced search' and key in your name, BPL number, section, and other details. Details will appear if your name is on the list.
Steps to check your name in the list of beneficiaries without registration number
- Visit https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/Benificiary.aspx and click on the 'advanced search' option.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter your name, BPL number, sanction order, or father's or husband's name.
- Once done click on 'Search' and your name will appear here if it is on the list.