One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC) is an extremely successful initiative that the Central Government launched a few years ago to provide versatility for ration cards such that beneficiaries can use their monthly allowance of subsidized agricultural commodities under the National Food Security Act (NFSA). This initiative is a digital framework and was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as one of the initiatives of Atma-nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. A ration card can be used in any part of the world at ration outlets. The National Food Security Act (NFSA) system supplies people with free rations for 2 months, even those who do not have ration cards across the nation. The arrangement was revealed last year in June. The Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, is reported to have obtained 100% national usability of ration cards by March 2021.
- Visit www.pdsportal.nic.in. (the Official Portal of PDS Portal of India)
- Go to the State Government Portals tab, and you will get a list of states
- Select your respective state, and you will be redirected to the next page related to your state.
- You must select a correct link to change the form of the ration card address or change the form of the ration card. It differs from state to state.
- Sign in to your account using the required credentials i.e. User ID/ Password
- Fill in your correct details and click on 'Submit'
- Make a print out of the filed application form for potential reference.
- As there are different portals designed for each state, the steps can differ.