An interest certificate updates you about how much interest you paid on your savings accounts and fixed deposits with a bank during a fiscal year. As an SBI customer, you can access the interest certificate either by net banking or by visiting your nearest SBI branch. And also if the tax on the interest paid / accrued on the fixed deposit account or savings account over a financial year has been deducted then you will have to get Form-16A from your SBI branch. Form-16A is a certificate that includes the specifics of the tax deducted on the interest paid/accrued on your fixed deposit investment for a particular fiscal year.
Process to download Form-16A TDS certificate for SBI customers
- Visit onlinesbi.com and login to your net banking account by using the credentials
- Now head to the 'Fixed Deposit' tab and click on 'TDS Enquiry'
- Now you will be redirected to a new webpage where you will see three options: TDS financial year, NRO TDS enquiry, Download.
- Now select 'TDS financial year' from the options and select 'Live Accounts' if your fixed deposit account is active or else select 'Closed Account' if your FD has been matured.
- Now you will see the specifics of your fixed deposits, select the fiscal year from the drop-down list and click on 'Submit'
- Once done your request for TDS enquiry will be initiated along with a reference number. Under the 'Download' tab, you can download your TDS details by clicking on the 'Request ID' option.
Only your fixed deposit accounts will appear on this page according to the SBI website. The TDS certificate can be issued for previous and existing fiscal years. TDS specifics for all accounts that are linked to this account will be accessible within 30 minutes under the Download tab. You can access and download all the generated reports at any time.
Process to download interest certificate
- Visit onlinesbi.com and login to your account
- Now go to the 'e-Services' section and click on 'My Certificates'
- Now select 'Interest Certificate on Deposit A/Cs' and you will see the interest paid to your savings and fixed deposit bank accounts during a particular fiscal year.
- To download the certificates click on the 'View/Download in PDF' option at the bottom of your screen and you are done.