The country's leading lender State Bank of India (SBI) has come up with new features on its SBI Yono app using which customers can access their bank account as well as carry out transactions without actually logging-in into the app. "Now check your account balance, view passbook and make transactions without logging in to the app. Bank quick with YONO SBI!", read the bank's tweet.
These pre-login features are being made available on various banking apps so as to offer prompt services.
Changes made to the SBI's Yono app
- Yono SBI will now feature view balance as well as Quick Pay option together with the option to login into the app.
- For using the facility a 6-digit m-PIN or biometric authentication or face ID or User ID and password is needed.
Steps to check balance, passbook and carry out transactions without logging-in into SBI Yono app
• For availing banking services such as viewing account balance or passbook using pre-login features one can make use of either of the available options i.e. m-Pin, ID and password or biometric verification method.
• Next click on 'View Balance' option and on successful authentication the balance of all accounts linked to the app can be known.
• For viewing the passbook or transaction details, there will be an option beneath the account balance saying 'View transactions' wherein you can view the m-passbook of chosen account.
Additionally there is an 'OTP management' tab using which SBI customers can set the transaction limit.
What is SBI Yono Quick Pay?
After the SBI account holder's details are verified through either of the above listed means including m-PIN, face ID or ID and password, customers can transact for an amount up to Rs. 2000 using Quick Pay feature without actually logging into the app.