The State Bank of India (SBI), India's largest public sector lender, has started its WhatsApp banking service in the country. Account holders can access the information without having to log into the Yono App or go to the ATM for the mini statement. So, if you have an SBI account and want to use the new SBI WhatsApp banking feature, you must first register your SBI account for the WhatsApp service and provide consent via SMS. Bankers can use this feature to check their account balance and mini statement, which includes detailed information about the last five transactions. This is how you can avail this service.
What is WhatsApp Banking?
WhatsApp Banking enables banks to power their customer service delivery by providing real-time Account Balance enquiry, Mini-Statement, Cheque book request, cheque status enquiry, location of Bank's ATMs and Branches, Opt-In, Opt-Out, Contact us information, and so on.
Features of WhatsApp Banking?
- Banking services are available anytime, anywhere. 24X7
- Customer service is provided at no cost.
- End-to-end encryption ensures a secure service.
- Customers can receive direct alerts, messages, notifications, offers, and updates from the bank.
How to register for the service
- Send a SMS WAREG A/C No (9172089XXXXX) from your registered mobile number to register your bank account with the SBI WhatsApp banking service.
- After completing your registration, you will be able to use SBI's WhatsApp banking service.
How to use SBI WhatsApp banking services
Step 1:After registration, send 'Hi' to +919022690226 or reply to the WhatsApp message 'Dear Customer, You have successfully registered for SBI WhatsApp Banking.'
Step 2: You will receive this response once you have responded. 'Dear Client, SBI WhatsApp Banking Services welcomes you! Select one of the options
1. Account Balance
2. Mini Statement
3. De-register from WhatsApp Banking
Step 3: Your account balance or a mini statement, whichever you prefer, will be displayed.
SBI WhatsApp Card Connect service
Through the platform, the State Bank of India also offers WhatsApp-based services to its credit card holders. Customers with SBI credit cards can use this to view their account summary, reward points, unpaid balance, and other information. Send a whatsapp message on the number 9004022022 and type 'OPTIN'. SBI credit card holders can also sign up by giving a missed call on 08080945040. For this, they must ensure that the number used for a missed call is registered with the bank.