The Department of Posts under the Ministry of Communications has declared the deadline for various pensioners to submit their Digital Life Certificate (DLC) at Jeevan Pramaan Centres (JPCs) in Head Post Offices around the country. From October 1, 2021, until November 30, 2021, pensioners aged 80 and above will be allowed to submit Life Certificates. From November 1st to November 30th, 2021, the remaining pensioners can submit their Life Certificates.
The Department of Posts, under the Ministry of Communications, has announced to stimulate all Jeevan Pramaan Centre IDs that are currently on hiatus in the respective circle, in anticipation of the upcoming activity of pensioners submitting Digital Life Certificate, which will begin on October 1, 2021. The department has also requested that Jeevan Pramaan Centres should be established at all Head Post Offices that have not yet been done so that their Jeevan Pramaan IDs be issued, and that all Jeevan Pramaan Centre IDs and Common Service Centres (CSCs) be activated effectively by September 20, 2021.
Prerequisites for Digital Life Certificate Generation
The following are the requirements for generating DLC which is a must to be followed by the pensioners:
- Valid Aadhaar Number
- Existing mobile number
- The Aadhaar number should have been registered with the Pension Disbursing Agency (bank, post office, etc.).
- The type of pension, sanctioning authority, disbursing agency, PPO number, and account number should all be kept on hand by the pensioner. These credentials are auto-generated if the pensioner had generated DLC earlier.
How to generate a Digital Life Certificate?
In November of each year, pensioners must submit a "Life Certificate" to Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) such as banks, post offices, and other financial institutions, either in person or by providing a life certificate in the approved format. Using a software application and a secure Aadhaar-based Biometric Authentication System, a pensioner can generate a DLC.
The resulting Digital Life Certificate (DLC) is kept online and can be accessed by the pensioner and the Pension Disbursing Agency if appropriate. Pensioners must have Internet access, a biometric device (a list of compatible devices can be found on the Jeevan Pramaan website), and the JP Windows/Android Client Application Software for PC/Mobile/Tablet, which can be downloaded from the Jeevan Pramaan website: https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in to generate Digital Life Certificate.
Pensioners can go to any nearby digital service centre, such as a Citizen Service Centre (CSC), a Government Office/Bank authorised for generating DLCs, and get themselves enrolled online through their services. The Pramaan ID is provided to the pensioner by SMS after the certificate has been created. The Digital Life Certificate, also known as the Jeevan Pramaan, will also be sent to the Pension Disbursing Agencies digitally.
The DLC can be downloaded at the time of DLC generation or by utilising the generated Jeevan Pramaan ID or Aadhaar number to download a PDF copy of the generated digital certificate from the Jeevan Pramaan website (https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/).
How to submit a Digital Life Certificate?
Pensioners can submit their Life Certificates either physically at their pension disbursing bank branch or online at the Jeevan Pramaan site. A pensioner can submit their Life Certificate online using an Aadhaar Biometric Authentication platform certified by UIDAI connected to their computer or mobile device. Pensioners must first verify that their pension account is linked with their Aadhaar number, then follow the steps outlined below to submit their Life Certificate online.
- Visit https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/ and enter the required details like Aadhaar Card number, name as per Aadhaar, registered mobile number, valid PPO number, account number (pension), bank details, details of pension sanctioning authority, pension disbursing authority, etc.
- Upon successful verification of your Aadhaar, you can download the PDF copy of your Digital Life Certificate from the Jeevan Pramaan portal.
- Upon that, the pension disbursing agency receives the digital life certificate effectively.
- You can also get the Life Certificate through the Doorstep banking facility and for this, you need to download the Doorstep Banking App where you need to specify your bank and location to submit your Life Certificate. Now you will have to enter your pension account number and pay the applicable Doorstep services charges. You will receive an SMS including the name of the agent after submitting your application. A bank representative will visit your doorstep to finish the Life Certificate submission procedure effectively.