In its latest feature upgrade, the UIDAI via its official twitter handle Aadhaar@ UIDAI has informed Aadhaar holders that one can now check Aadhaar authentication history of up to 50 authentications in past 6 months.
What is Aadhaar Authentication?
As per the UIDAI site, Aadhaar authentication is a process using which the Aadhaar number along with the demographic or biometric details of the aadhaar card holder is submitted with the Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR) and verified.
UIDAI Latest Upgrade Enables User To Check Aadhaar Authentication History of Up To 50 Authentications Made in the past 6 months.
Check Aadhaar Authentication History of up to 50 authentications in past 6 months. Exact date & time of Authentication are mentioned in the results, which can help you notice any unintended authentication entry. To check click this link https://t.co/j6YZhe4HYW #AddMobileToAadhaar pic.twitter.com/jLCKYcgDK8— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) June 2, 2021
Now the facility provides the Aadhaar card holder with the exact date as well as time when the aadhaar authentication was carried out. The feature will help in tracing out any unintended authentication entry. Also, in the same tweet, the UIDAI has pointed that mobile update charges are Rs. 50 with or without other demographic update.
Steps to check Aadhaar Authentication history:
1. Aadhaar card holder needs to click on the following given link https://cutt.ly/bkztNEN
2. This shall take you to the Aadhaar Authentication History page
3. Now you need to give inputs including Aadhaar number and security code
4. Then on the next page, you would need to specify the date range for which you are seeking the authentication history and enter the OTP sent to your registered number.
5. There is also a column wherein you can specify the authentication type you seek such as demographic, biometric, OTP, Biometric and OTP, Demograhic and OTP and Demographic and biometric. You also have an all option.
6. You also need to provide the number of records you are seeking, for which the maximum limit is 50.
7. Then the authentication history will be displayed including all such details such as AUA or Authentication User Agency Name, Auth modality, date/time, UIDAI response code, AUA Transaction ID, Auth response, Error code.