Although every fiscal year we contribute to the PPF plan, we do not make it a routine to regularly analyse our PPF account balance. The Public Provident Fund, a pension plan offered by the government, provides tax advantages and strong capital growth. It is a long-term investment strategy, and therefore it is important that you track the balance of your PPF account on a regular basis. You have to go to the nearest bank branch in order to check your PPF account balance. You are required to link your PPF account to your current savings account before that, and you need to register for online account service if you want to check the balance online. By following the below given methods you can monitor the balance of your SBI PPF account:
Online mode: You can access all the details by signing in to your SBI bank account. By using net banking your net banking account, the current balance, the interest received and the deposits made can be verified.
Offline mode: By visiting your nearest SBI bank branch at which you have opened a PPF account, you can check the balance of your account.
SBI PPF Account Balance Check
Follow the below-listed steps to check your PPF account balance online.
- Sign in to your SBI net banking account and under the 'personal banking' tab, log in to the SBI PPF account portal using the required credentials i.e. username and password.
- Now on the dashboard your savings account and your PPF account will be displayed.
- Click on the 'PPF Account' option and then select the 'Click Here For Balance' tab to view the balance of your PPF account.
- Under the same tab, you can check the last 10 transactions rendered using your PPF account.
- By clicking on the 'Click here to view the details of Matured/Closed Accounts' option, you can track the specifics of an old, closed, matured, and inactive PPF account.
- And even under the View All Balance' section, you can track the balance of all the accounts.
How to check SBI PPF account balance using the SBI YONO App?
- Open the SBI YONO app in your mobile and sign in to your mobile banking account using the username and MPIN. (In case you are not an SBI mobile banking user, download and install the SBI YONO app in your mobile and get access to the mobile banking service from the bank.)
- Now navigate to the 'My Deposits' section to check the details of your PPF account.
SBI PPF Account Balance Check By SMS
In order to check your PPF balance via SMS, type the message as:
'BAL' and send it to 9223766666
Note: You can also give a missed call to the same number to check the balance through the missed call service.
How to check PPF balance at post office?
Everything operates exactly the same in the case of a post office, so here is some detail that will allow you to verify the balance of the PPF account online on the bank portal or get details regarding your PPF account at the post office:
- You need to have your establishment code, your PF account number and the details shown on the page for the online Public Provident Fund balance. For example, if KR/KK/148B/999 is your PF number, then the Establishment Code is 148 and the extension of the establishment is B.
- Only at a head office or sub-post office where PPF services are available will only allow you to open a PPF account.
Benefits of tracking PPF account balance regularly
- In order to figure out how much return your investment will receive each year it is essential to keep records of the balance of your PPF account. Every year the PPF interest rate varies, and profitability will also differ. At the end of every fiscal year the interest received is added to the account.
- You can calculate how much interest you will get at the time of PPF maturity by having a track of your PPF account balance.
- By checking your PPF balance regularly you can know how much you can withdraw from the available PPF balance, in case you want to make a withdrawal from 7th year onwards.