For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
MSMEs ministry released guidelines for small businesses to deter coronavirus transmission among staff and employees. Below is the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for MSMEs at the workplace due to Covid-19 Lockdown.
Sanitization and Cleaning
- All portions in the site are to be fully sanitized including the following:
- Entry gate of the workplace or building
- Canteens and Cafeteria of the workplace
- Conference rooms/verandah/ entrance gate and rooms of the buildings
- Lifts, washrooms, walls, restroom and other areas of the building
- Additional travel services will be provided for staff arriving from outside without any focus on the public transportation service. Such vehicles will only be permitted to operate with a passenger capacity of 30-40%.
- All vehicles and equipment allowed to enter the premise should be mandatorily sanitized with spray.
Measures for Workspace
- All arrangements for washing hands & sanitizing ideally with a touch-free system shall be rendered at all points of entry/exit and open areas. There should be adequate quantities available for all the items.
- Compulsory thermal screening must be done for anyone who enters and exits the workplace.
- Strict prohibition for Gutka, Cigarettes, etc. should be implemented and smoking should be strictly forbidden.
- Workplaces must have a one-hour interval between shifts and arrange staff's lunchtime to maintain social distance.
- Huge gatherings or conferences of ten persons or more to be avoided.
- Relaxing on worksites and in groups, conferences and training programs must be initiated at least 6 feet away from others.
- No more than 2/4 individuals would be permitted to move in lifts or hoists (based on the size).
- Use of escalators should be persuaded for lifting
- Non-essential visitors at sites should be completely banned.
- Health insurance to be made compulsory for the employees.
- Hospitals/health facilities in the surrounding areas approved to cure COVID-19 patients must be known and lists should be available at all times at the worksite.
Measures to prevent workers
- Workers must wear masks in the working hours at the workplace
- Workers should keep at least 1 meter of gap between themselves
- Workers must have their lunch individually to maintain social distancing.
- Workers must wipe their hands frequently with handwash, and use alcohol-based sanitizers
- If any worker shows symptoms of Covid-19 or falls sick, then he/she must get in touch with the local health authorities.
- For prevention against coronavirus, the employees and their families must download the 'Aarogya Setu' app.
- If any worker has symptoms of fever, cough, and heavy breathing then he/she must get contact the local health center or to the Covid-19 recognized center immediately.
For investment related articles, business news and mutual fund advise
You have already subscribed