The country's leading state run lender State Bank of India via its twitter handle has made two announcements for its customers which is both for their convenience as well as for meeting some regulatory requirements.
Here is all what the lender is notifying its customers:
1. Mandatory linking of PAN and aadhaar by June 30, 2021:
Via its twitter post the SBI has again appealed customers to link their PAN with Aadhaar by June 30, 2021, failing which your PAN will be rendered inactive or inoperative. This means that your PAN shall no longer be available for being quoted in respect of various financial transactions, as may be the case.
In respect of the same, the bank has also specified the link using which the seeding or linking of PAN and aadhaar can be enabled i.e. incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
We advise our customers to link their PAN with Aadhaar to avoid any inconvenience and continue enjoying a seamless banking service.#ImportantNotice #AadhaarLinking #Pancard #AadhaarCard pic.twitter.com/LKIBNEz7PO— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) May 31, 2021
Notably, this specific site is currently undergoing modification so shall not be available until June 6, 2021.
2. Easy steps to generate your SBI debit card PIN or Green PIN
In its tweet post on June 1, 2021, the bank has notified that its customers can easily generate their debit card PIN or Green PIN using the toll free IVR system. "Don't hesitate to call 1800 112 211 or 1800 425 3800", says the bank in its tweet.
Process for the same is as follows:
1. SBI customer needs to call the dedicated 1800-11-22-11/ 1800-425-3800 from their registered mobile number
2. Press 2 for ATM or debit card related services
3. Press 1 for PIN generation
4. Press 1 if you are calling from your registered number or else 2 to speak to an agent
5. Enter last 5 digits of your ATM card for which you wish to generate a Green PIN.
6. Press 1 to confirm the last 5 digits
7. Press 2 to re-enter the last 5 digits of ATM card
8. Enter last 5 digits of SBI Bank account number. Press 1 to confirm, else press 2 to re-enter the last 5-digits of account.
9. Enter your birth year
10. Your Green PIN is generated and same is sent to your registered mobile number for quick access.
11. Later within 24 hours, you can change the PIN by visiting any of the SBI ATM.
Here are the easy steps to generate your Debit Card PIN or Green PIN via our toll-free IVR system.— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) June 1, 2021
Don't hesitate to call 1800 112 211 or 1800 425 3800.#SBI #StateBankOfIndia #SBIAapkeSaath #IVR #DebitCard pic.twitter.com/C0UTCdPHij