Reliance Power, a Reliance Group company, has signed a memorandum of understanding to form a strategic partnership with China Datang Corporation (CDT) represented by the China Datang Overseas Investment Company (CDTO) for development and operation of power and energy projects in India and overseas markets. This marks first such strategic partnership between India and China in the power sector.
CDTO is a wholly-owned subsidiary of China Datang Corporation (CDT) and the major platform for CDT to seek a greater international role. CDT, with generating capacity of 105,896 MW, is one of the large-scale power generation groups in China. Its generation capacity is more than 50% of India's current generation capacity. CDT is a Fortune 500 company and among the top 50 companies in China.
The strategic partnership envisages co-operation in the following areas:
* For the Reliance Power's three coal mines in South Sumatra, Indonesia (Having two billion tonnes of Coal Resources)
* Development of Coal mines including investments in the mine;
* Development of transportation infrastructure for Indonesia Mines; and
* Off-take of coal from the Indonesian mines.
* Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to power plants in India and other identified markets, including Reliance Power's own power generation units.