For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
Following are the highlights of the Railway Budget 2015-16 presented by Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu. Here are the highlights of the budget presented in the parliament.
- Hot buttons, coin vending machines for railway tickets within 5 minutes, e-catering to select meals from an array of choices.
- Train Protection Warning System and Train Collision Avoidance System to be installed on select routes.
- A new department for keeping stations and trains clean under Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- The speed of nine railway corridors will be increased to 160 and 200 kmph.
- More General class coaches will be added in identified trains.
- Unreserved ticket purchase made simpler through smart phones; debit cards, Rail Minister
- A 24x7 helpline "138" for customer complaints will start from March.
- Mobile Phone Charging Facilities to be Provided in General Class Coaches
- Rail Minister says that folding ladders to be introduced to climb the upper berths in coaches.
- Modern facilities for disabled citizens, senior citizens, patients through IRCTC.
- Railways to provide facility for online booking of wheelchair for senior citizens
- Station to be redeveloped through simpler processes - faster redevelopment. Monitoring cell constituted.
- Railways Intends to set up an Innovation Council Called "Kayakalp" for Purpose of Business Re-Engineering
- Wi-Fi to be provided in 400 stations. Lower berth will be reserved for women and senior citizens.
- Railways to ensure Highest Standards of Operational and Business Efficiency
- Speedier Railway- 9 hi-speed corridors, high speed trains and make in India are opportunities.
- Railway to move to paperless ticketing, to introduce hand held device for TTEs.
- To avert accidents, audio-Visual warnings at unmanned level crossings to be implemented.
- SMS alert service on arrival and departure of train.
- Facility to book meals from online food chain.
- Seventy Seven New Railway Projects
For investment related articles, business news and mutual fund advise
You have already subscribed