Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his monthly radio programme Mann ki baat emphasized to make India a cashless society.
He further observed that in order to build modern and transparent India we will have to change some of our old habits as well.
Here are few financial things which Modi said in Mann Ki Baat radio programme:
1. Through the facility of electronic technology, we can get money and also give money; we can buy things and pay our bills too.
2. Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana that we have started recently, nearly all the families in the country have had their bank accounts opened.
3. Individuals with bank account, aadhaar and mobile have be included in JAM (Jan Dhan, Aadhar and Mobile - Jam - J. A. M.)
4. Synchronising JAM, we can move ahead towards a cashless society.
5. RuPay card in the coming days is going to be useful as both- a credit and a debit card.
6. Making payments will be easy with aadhaar and Rupay card.
7. One of the initiatives taken by the Government of India is about how to make payments through 'Pos', how to receive money.
8. The second endeavour we have started is Bank on Mobile. The 'Universal Payment Interface' banking transaction- UPI will change the way things work. It will become very easy to do money transactions through your mobile phone.
9. The N.P.C.I. and banks are working together to launch this platform through a mobile app. If this happens, perhaps you may not even need to carry a RuPay card with you.