Tech Mahindra on Tuesday announced the audited consolidated financial results for its fourth quarter and year ended March 31, 2016.
Commenting on the result, Vineet Nayyar, Vice Chairman, said "FY 16 has been a year where our relentless focus on metrics like yield management and efficiencies has helped us improve our performance in the face of some headwinds.
The company's board of directors decided to drop payment bank plan.
Shares of the company were seen trading at Rs 522, higher by 9.02 per cent on BSE at 10.13 am IST. IT also touched in intra-day high of Rs 548 during the trade.
Financial highlights for the quarter
- The company's revenue at Rs 6,884 crore; higher by 12.5% Year on year (YoY) and 2.7% Quarter on quarter (QoQ).
- Tech Mahindra's EBITDA was at Rs 1,161 crore; up 24% YoY and 2.2% QoQ; margins at 16.9%.
- Profit after tax (PAT) of the company stood at Rs 897 crore; up 90% YoY and 18.2% QoQ.
- Earnings per share (EPS) was at Rs 9.31 for the quarter ended March 31, 2016.
Financial highlights for the year
- The company's revenue at Rs 26,494 crore; higher by 17.1% YoY.
- Tech Mahindra's EBITDA at Rs 4,318 crore; up 3.0% YoY; margins at 16.3%.
- Profit after tax (PAT) of the company stood at Rs 3,118 crore; higher by 18.7% YoY; PAT margin at 11.8%.
- Earnings per share (EPS) was at Rs 32.34 for the year ended March 31, 2016.
- The Board has proposed a dividend of ₹ 6/- per share (face value of ₹ 5) and an additional special dividend of ₹ 6/- per share, for FY 15-16 to commemorate the 10th year of Company's listing on the stock exchanges. The total dividend for FY 15-16 is ₹ 12/- per share.
- Total headcount as of March 31, 2016 at 105,432; added 2,151 professionals during the year.
- Cash & cash eq. at Rs 5,189 crore as of March 31, 2016; up 1,977 crore YoY.
- Active client count stood at 807 vs. 767 in FY 15.