After the conciliation measures failed to meet the demand of the bank employee, all the unions consisting of 9 trade unions of bank employees and bank officers; 10 lakh bank employees and officers have called for a one day strike on July 29, 2016.
This includes employees working in Public Sector Banks, old Private Banks, Regional Rural Banks, Foreign Banks and Co-operative Banks will be on strike to oppose the anti-people banking reform policies of the Central Government.
Here are demands from the employees:
1. Do not privatise banks
2. Do not increase private capital in Public Sector Banks
3. Do not encourage FDI in banking sector
4. Do not give license to corporates to start Banks
5. Do not give license to private hands to open Small Banks and Payment Banks
6. Do not privatise Regional Rural Banks
7. Do not weaken co-operative Banks
8. Do not consolidate and merge Banks
9. Do not weaken priority sector loans in Banks
10. Extend more credit to agriculture sector
11. Recover bad loans through stringent measures
12. Increase interest rate on Deposits in Banks
The notice for the strike has been served on the Indian Banks' Association yesterday by the UFBU.