Teamlease has come up with The Employment Outlook Report which provides for a comprehensive picture of hiring trend in 8 major Indian cities and includes all aspects such as job growth, salaries, trends and forecasts, factors driving the growth across sixteen sectors in the first half of the FY 2017-18. Despite subdued hiring trend, there is still some respite for job-seekers with hiring sentiment actually up in few of the sectors.
So, if you are seeking job in any of these eight metro cities, here is a list providing the details of the sectors offering higher job prospects in current times. The percentage is a reflection of the increase in the job growth outlook in the first half of FY 2018 from April 2017 to September 2017 over October 2016 to March 2017 period.
1. Mumbai: Known to be the financial hub of the country, Mumbai offers job seekers with 5% more jobs in the financial sector in the first half of FY 2018. Telecom and Healthcare and Pharma also offer 3% and 2% more job prospects.
2. Delhi: The capital city offers more job opportunities in all such sectors which includes financial services, KPO and E-commerce and Start-ups. The job prospects have been estimated to be risen in all of these sectors by 4% each during April 2017 to September 2017 when compared to October 2016 to March 2017.
3. Bengaluru: In the financial services sector, job opportunities in the IT city have increased by 3%. Startup and Ecommerce space and KPO are offering 3% and 4% more jobs respectively in comparison to the past period from October 2016 to March 2017.
4. Kolkata: The city of Joy is offering more job opportunities in Financial services, media & entertainment and educational services sectors. And the job outlook has increased by 3%, 3% and 2% respectively.
5. Pune : Of the 16 sectors, following 3 sectors offer more job opportunities in telecom, e-commerce and Startup and KPO space. The increase in job outlook has been estimated at 4%, 4% and 3% respectively for each of the sector.
6. Hyderabad: In Hyderabad, job outlook is bright in Media & entertainment (5%), financial services (4%) and e-commerce & internet startups (3%). The figure in percentage in brackets reflects an increase in job outlook in these sectors.
7. Chennai: Jobseekers in financial servies, telecom and retail have a reason to cheer in Chennai with these sectors offering more job opportunities. An increase in job growth of 3%, 3% and 2% is estimated respectively for each of these sectors during the first half of current fiscal.
8. Ahemdabad: A better job outlook is estimated for agrochemicals, hospitality, retail and travel with increase in job opportunities or employment outlook by 2% in each of the pockets.