It was announced that beginning new year 2018, the department of telecom shall introduce new ways to simplify the process of aadhaar linking with mobile number. So as a delight to telecom subscribers who are now mandatorily required to link their mobile number with Aadhaar by March 31, 2018, centre has come forth with the IVR or interactive voice response helpline number.
So, here is detailed a step-by-step procedure to link Aadhaar and mobile number using IVR
1. As a first step you need to dial in the toll-free single number issued for IVR i.e 14546
2. You will be asked to choose either of the two options i.e Indian resident or NRI
3. So, if you are an Indian national, press 1 to get going with mobile and aadhaar linking.
4. In the fourth step, you will be asked to specify your 12-digit aadhaar unique ID, confirmation for the same has to be given by pressing 1.
5. Post this, you will receive a OTP with a validity for 30 minutes.
6. At this stage, verification of the mobile number is done and users need to provide their mobile number.
7. After this, operator needs your consent to extract your details including name, photo as well as birth details from your Aadhaar database.
8. Later, re-verification of mobile number is done through the IVR which specifies the last 4 digit of your number and in case it is right you need to enter the received OTP on your mobile.
9. And to complete the re-verification process for aadhaar and mobile number linking you need to key in 1.
Remember, the process of re-verification is waived off for all telecom subscribers under the corporate plans. Also, Jio customers have not to go through the process as the telecom company activates the SIM only after receiving a customer's Aadhaar.
For airtel and Vodafone subscribers there is an additional respite, as Indian nationals across all states can link their mobile numbers with Aadhaar. However, for Idea users, the aadhaar Id should be of the same circle as the mobile number.