TVS Motors reported a 16.43% increase in its standalone net profit to Rs 154.25 crore for the third quarter ended 31 December 2017, reported PTI.
The Chennai based company has had a robust growth in sales. It posted a standalone net profit of Rs 132.67 crore profit in its third quarter for the last year.
TVS's Q3 results for the current financial year showed:
- Rs 3,684.95 crore from Operations revenue while it was Rs 3,239.55 crore last year. These figures cannot be compared said the company as the Q3 figures for the current year are inclusive of net GST whereas the previous year had excise duty.
- 7.99 lakh units of two-wheelers sold when compared to 7.03 lakh units in the last year. Growth percentage is 13.8%.
- 3.14 lakh units of motorcycles sold in the third quarter of current year. It is 26.7% higher than last year's 2.48 lakh units.
- Scooter sales up by 21.6% from 2.11 lakh units to 2.69 lakh units.
- Three-wheeler sales increased by 67.7% to 26,968 units.
- Total exports of two and three-wheelers up by 41.4% from 99,000 units to 1.40 lakh units.
TVS Motor Co. shares were down by 1.90% from the previous close of Rs. 706 a piece on BSE.