Hollywood actors at the Oscars are treated with gift bags worth $100,000 (over Rs 65 lakhs), according to Forbes. These gifts range from lavish international holidays to flavoured lemonade.
The gift bags, also known as "everybody wins" bags or "swag bags" are given to all 25 nominees in acting and directing categories during the Oscars week.
Donation with a motive
The companies that want to participate in putting their products in these bags, donate all items and pay a promotional fee of $4,000.
The Distinctive Asset founder explained to Forbes that the gifts were not an act of charity but a way to make product placements for endorsements.
Some of these highlighted items are:
2-night Tanzania vacation for two
The most expensive gift of all is this package by International Expeditions which costs $40,000. It includes spa service, private safari guide and hot air balloon safari with champagne breakfast.
DNA kit from 23andMe
This is a $199 kit that includes over 75 genetic reports about health, traits and ancestery.
6 day and seven nights' stay at Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu in Kauai
The Oscar nominee can enjoy a stay with their guest in a villa with an ocean view in Kauai, Hawaii. It also includes zipline adventure and a helicopter tour.
10,000-bowl donation from Halo, Purely For Pets
This donation is made to any animal shelter of the nominee's choice in their name. The nominee's pets also get assorted treats from Halo.
Other gifts include:
- Week-long stay at the Golden Door spa
- "Stylish" pepper spray from PepperFace
- A year's supply of Healing Saint products
- Bath bomb from PETA
- Levitating Bluetooth speaker
- Luxury false eyelashes from Le Céline
- a commitment from Jarritos iconic Mexican soda to donate a pallet of soft drinks to a charitable event of the nominee's choice.
- personal training sessions with celebrity trainer Alexis Seletzky
- ALLÉL DNA-based skincare
- Avaton Luxury Villas Resort Greek beachfront escape
- BANGARANG Positive Cube
- Blush & Whimsy magical color changing lipstick
- Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation
- Charleston & Harlow candles
- Chocolatines' edible 16-piece jewelry box
- Cook Yourself Happy: The Danish Way cookbook
- Curlee Girlee children's empowerment book
- Dandi Patch amazing underarm sweat patches
- Delicacies Candy & Confections organic & vegan lollipops
- D.Thomas Clinic Signature DNA Head-to-Toe Treatments
- fresh crate of California oranges from EpiFruit
- Esther Fairfax Lotte Berk Barre Method private group class
- Face It makeup remover combo kit
- Happiest Tee luxury t-shirts
- Hydroxycut Organic weight loss supplements
- Inception of Beauty 10-piece makeup brush set
- Justice For Vets Challenge Coin
- Kalliope NYC Phobia Relief Expert
- Liwu Jewellery inspired by ancient Celtic symbols and Chinese calligraphy
- Look Fabulous Forever Prime Collection
- Luxura Diamonds limited edition conflict-free diamond necklace
- My Magic Mud activated charcoal whitening toothpaste
- M·Y·O Cosmetic Cases
- MZ Skin Collagen Eye Mask and Golden Eye Treatment
- "99 Creative Wows - Words of Wisdom for Business Celebrity" Creativity Kit
- Non-invasive full face skin rejuvenation from Nurse Gigi
- No. 9 Daily Chemical Exfoliant from Oumere Skin Care
- A lifetime supply of Oxygenetix Breathable Foundation and Hydro-Matrix
- Paiva Aloe Gorgeous! luxury cleanser and mask fusion
- Posh Pretzels gourmet gift box
- PROVEN AI-based personalized skincare based on the Beauty Genome Project
- Quincy Herbals SlimMax Detox Tea
- Quip beautifully simple electric toothbrush
- Reian Williams Fine Art
- Rouge Maple pure organic maple syrup
- Safi Kilima Tanzanite bolo bracelets
- Southern Wicked Lemonade all-natural lemonade moonshine
- The Green Garmento Gigantote
- TOTALEE hair care products
- Vaya Tyffyns stainless steel lunchboxes
- Wetsleeve wearable hydration on-the-go
- Youth Blast anti-aging supplement