The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has been offering a cash prize of Rs 10,000 to its users since December 2017 to passengers/users who have linked their Aadhar to their IRCTC account and booked a ticket online. Yes, it is not a new program, however, you need to hurry as it will end next month.
The name of the winners are picked through a computerized lucky draw of their PNR numbers. The lucky draw scheme was started on December 1, 2017, and was meant to be valid for 6 months only. Five passengers were picked in the first week of every month, and their train fare would be completely refunded along with the cash prize of Rs 10,000.
Conditions for the Lucky Draw Scheme
- You should have completed the Aadhar KYC process.
- Tickets should be booked using IRCTC Rail e-ticketing website (www.irctc.co.in), by using BHIM or UPI Payment options only.
- You will be eligible for a monthly lucky draw of the month of your train journey. So if you have booked a ticket online for the month of April and traveled, you are eligible for April draw only, which will occur in the first week of May.
- You need to commence your train journey after booking the e-ticket. Canceled and TDR tickets are not allowed.
- In case more than one PNR of the same person is picked up, only one will be considered.
- Names of the winners will be displayed on the IRCTC website in the first week of every month. In addition, the winner will be informed through email and registered mobile number.
The Scheme was launched to promote online booking and digital payments so as to reduce queues at the ticket counter.