Govt to Acquire GSTN, Return Filing To Be Simplified

Subscribe to GoodReturns
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

    In the GST (Goods and Service Tax) Council meeting today, the proposal for a simplified return filing system was approved. It was also decided to make GST Network a state-owned entity.

    Govt to Acquire GSTN, Return Filing To Be Simplified
     

    According to the decision, 50 percent of GSTN will be acquired by the central government while the other 50 percent will be held collectively by state governments.

    Currently, the state and central governments collectively hold 49 percent of the entity, divided equally between the two. The remaining 51 percent is held by HDFC, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, NSE Strategic Investment Co and LIC Housing Finance Ltd.

    For a simplified return filing framework, a new software will be put in place in 6 months, said Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia during the press release. This transition will happen in three stages.

    The new GST return filing framework will include

    • One return per month for taxpayers excluding composition dealers and nil taxpayers
    • Entire turnover for B2B transactions will have to be declared
    • B2B business taxpayers will have to show all invoice details
    • Taxpayers will be allowed to claim provisional credit for 6 months based on their calculations
    • Input tax credit will require uploading an invoice by the seller
    • the government will recover tax liability from the seller (or from the buyer as per law) if the tax is not paid

    Read more about: gst gstn
    Company Search
    Enter the first few characters of the company's name or the NSE symbol or BSE code and click 'Go'

    Find IFSC

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Goodreturns sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Goodreturns website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more