The registrations for the much-awaited successor of JioPhone and the FTTH broadband service by Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio will commence on Wednesday, 15 August 2018.
How to book JioPhone 2 and JioGigaFiber?
The highly ambitious Reliance JioGigaFiber broadband service with IPTV, landline, and virtual reality gaming will only be available in select cities. The company had specified that the services will be rolled out based on demands raised during registration.
The registration is free of cost and one can register for the phone as well as broadband service using MyJio app and Jio.com.
JioPhone 2 features
- Priced at Rs 2,999
- 4G feature phone with WhatsApp, YouTube and Facebook support
- Qwerty keyboard and a 2.4-inch QVGA display
- KAI operating system
- 2,000 mAh battery
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB
- 2-megapixel rear camera sensor and a VGA front camera sensor
- VoLTE, VoWiFi, NFC, GPS
- Bluetooth and FM radio
Details of the pricing plans have not been released by reliance Jio officially. The technical features of the service as mentioned during RIL's annual general meeting said that it the advanced fiber-based broadband would have:
- 1Gbps speed
- Fiber connectivity for homes and enterprises (small, medium as well as large)
- GigaFiber router for internet connectivity
- JioGigaTV set-up-box for TV connection with over 600 channels, movies and music
- Search feature with voice command