In order to continue receiving their pension, the State Bank of India (SBI) has asked pensioners to submit their life certificate by 30 November 2018. This can be done online as well as by visiting the branch.
"The Jeevan Pramaan initiative makes life simpler for pensioners. In just a few clicks, you can submit your Aadhaar based digital life certificate," the lender said in a tweet last week.
Opt for the digital route! With the Jeevan Pramaan initiative, you can submit your Life Certificate on time and with ease, digitally. To know more, visit https://t.co/IEDSGgmwOH#JeevanPramaan #DigitalLifeCertificate #Pension #Pensioners #PhysicalLifeCertificate #Aadhaar #KYC pic.twitter.com/vHC3mJvFgS— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 17 November 2018
Jeevan Praman is an Aadhaar-based digital life certificate that was launched by the government on 10 November 2014. The process of securing the certificate is digitalised and since it is Aadhaar based, the pensioner is required to seed their pension account with their Aadhaar number to make the authentication of the life certificate possible.
Existing mode of accepting physical certificate at branches is also still applicable. The customer can choose the mode most convenient to them.
How to get a Jeevan Praman life certificate?
- There are two ways to do it, either visit an authorized centre or download a digital copy.
- To download a digital Jeevan Praman life certificate, you will have to download the client software applicable for Windows as well as Android devices. The link to download the software will be sent to you via e-mail. Simply enter your email ID in the space provided here to receive a link to perform it.
- You will then have to register yourself on the software and authentication will be performed using Aadhaar biometric platform.
- To get a physical copy or a digital copy from an authorized centre, locate your nearest CSCs, Banks or Government offices from this link. These centres will also perform Aadhaar based biometric authentication.
- On successfully submitting your life certificate with SBI (which can also be done online), you will get an SMS on your registered mobile number.