The President's office released the list of cabinet portfolio allocations on Friday. Parliamentarians sworn-in as cabinet ministers on Thursday with President Ram Nath Kovind administering the ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
In Narendra Modi's second term as the Prime Minister of India, will also be in charge of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy; Department of Space; and all important policy issues; as well as all other portfolios not allocated to any Minister.
His cabinet of ministers were chosen as follows.
1. Raj Nath Singh: Minister of Defence.
2. Amit Shah: Minister of Home Affairs.
3. Nitin Jairam Gadkari: Minister of Road Transport and Highways; and Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
4. D.V. Sadananda Gowda: Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
5. Nirmala Sitharaman: Minister of Finance; and Minister of Corporate Affairs.
6. Ramvilas Paswan : Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
7. Narendra Singh Tomar: Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare; Minister of Rural Development; and Minister of Panchayati Raj.
8. Ravi Shankar Prasad: Minister of Law and Justice; Minister of Communications; and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology.
9. Harsimrat Kaur Badal: Minister of Food Processing Industries.
10. Thaawar Chand Gehlot: Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
11. Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar: Minister of External Affairs.
12. Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank': Minister of Human Resource Development.
13. Arjun Munda: Minister of Tribal Affairs.
14. Smriti Zubin Irani: Minister of Women and Child Development; and Minister of Textiles.
15. Dr. Harsh Vardhan: Minister of Health and Family Welfare; Minister of Science and Technology; and Minister of Earth Sciences.
16. Prakash Javadekar: Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change; and Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
17. Piyush Goyal: Minister of Railways; and Minister of Commerce and Industry.
18. Dharmendra Pradhan: Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas; and Minister of Steel.
19. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi: Minister of Minority Affairs.
20. Pralhad Joshi: Minister of Parliamentary Affairs; Minister of Coal; and Minister of Mines.
21. Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey: Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
22. Arvind Ganpat Sawant: Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise.
23. Giriraj Singh: Minister of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries.
24. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat: Minister of Jal Shakti.
The first meeting of the new Union Cabinet is likely to be held this evening, official sources told PTI.