To assist passengers in the second wave, Air India has announced amendments to its domestic and foreign travel policies. Air India has extended its free date, market, and flight change policy on all domestic flight tickets until June 30, 2021. After seeing the travel restrictions imposed by various state governments, this decision was made.
"Due to the current pandemic situation, Air India has extended its offer of 1 free change in date, flight number or sector in its domestic network till 30th June, '21 for the convenience of passengers," Air India tweeted.
Domestic Travel Passengers - Terms and conditions of Air India's 1 free change details
- This offer is valid on all 098 documents that have a PURE Domestic itinerary on them.
- The deal does not apply to tickets purchased via the Air India website or mobile app (As a Free change option already offered).
- Travel date - All tickets issued with a current Travel Date on or before 30 June 2021 are eligible for rebooking for new dates as long as their existing tickets are valid.
- Regardless of when the ticket was purchased, a free change option is available.
- If passengers want to change sectors, only the re-issuance fee will be waived once; otherwise, other fees will apply.
- Following this one-time free change, all future changes would be subject to the applicable fare rules.
- If the passenger chooses the change option and is unable to obtain the same booking class for the new date, a fare difference will be paid. If the same booking class is available but a tax discrepancy applies, the traveler will be charged the extra difference.
#FlyAI : In case you are unwell and diagnosed COVID-19 positive, necessitating a change in your travel plan, we are offering waivers to facilitate you.— Air India (@airindiain) May 25, 2021
For more details please visit https://t.co/opMw0DPpa8 pic.twitter.com/5UVuoyPdkA
International Travel Passengers
Passengers with international travel tickets can choose from a variety of waivers and flexibility options offered by Air India. In light of entry restrictions imposed by countries such as the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and others, the airline has announced several exemptions to assist passengers.
''Due to continued impact of COVID-19 across the globe bringing uncertainty in travel plans, Air India is offering various Waivers/flexibility to passengers who are holding tickets for international travel,'' the airline tweeted.
Air India has agreed to provide the following benefits/flexibility to passengers who have tickets for international travel:
(i) Flexibility of Routing Change,
(ii) Flexibility of Sector Change,
(iii) Enhance Travel Validity,
(iv) Waiver for Fare Difference and Change penalty,
(v) Flexibility of Cabin Change
(vi) Enhanced Refund Validity
According to the airline's document, a revenue ticket issued on an 098 paper and booked to fly on Air India controlled and promoted scheduled flights.
1) From March 15, 2020, to March 31, 2021, and his or her travel plans were interrupted due to a canceled flight due to the COVID-19 epidemic OR
2) From 15th MARCH 20 to 31st MARCH 21 and unable to travel from India to any destination due to a change in (destination country's) visa regulation as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
3) Holding Ticket Passenger who is an OCI Card Holder or a Foreign National and is unable to fly to India due to Suspension of Entry by the Bureau of Immigration, India; from the 13th MARCH 20 (from the 10th MARCH 20 for travel originating in France) until the Government of India lifts the ban on international travel of passengers to India.
#FlyAI : Due to continued impact of COVID-19 across the globe bringing uncertainty in travel plans, Air India is offering various— Air India (@airindiain) May 25, 2021
Waivers/flexibility to passengers who are holding
tickets for international travel.
For more details please click on https://t.co/T2zGC24jDB pic.twitter.com/pADYbiKgR8