Banks will be suspended for a total of 15 days in July, but only for six days in the coming week. Apart from festive holidays, most of these bank holidays comprise the second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays across the country. It should be recalled that the RBI has classified bank holidays into 3 categories: holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act, holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act and Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday, and bank closing accounts day. Banks will have one holiday on July 11 due to the fact that it is a Sunday, according to the RBI's holiday schedule.
The banks will be closed on July 12 due to the Rath Yatra in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Banks in Imphal will also be closed on July 12 because of Kang (Rathajatra). Banks will also be closed on July 13 to commemorate Bhanu Jayanti, Gangtok. Another local holiday, Drukpa Tshechi, is commemorated in Gangtok on July 14, during which the banks will be closed. Banks will be closed on July 16 due to Harela Puja in Dehradun. Banks in Agartala and Shillong will be shut on July 17 for U Tirot Sing Day and Kharchi Puja.
Complete List of Bank Holidays In July 2021 For Next Week
- 11 July 2021 - Sunday (Weekend off)
- 12 July 2021 - Monday - Kang (Rathajatra) / Rath Yatra (Bhubaneswar, Imphal)
- 13 July 2021 - Tuesday - Bhanu Jayanti (Gangtok)
- 14 July 2021 - Wednesday - Drukpa Tshechi (Gangtok)
- 16 July 2021- Thursday - Harela Puja (Dehradun)
- 17 July 2021 - Saturday - U Tirot Sing Day / Kharchi Puja (Agartala, Shillong)