As the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) categorize bank holidays under three categories i.e. Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act, Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday and Banks' Closing of Accounts, Indian banks will be closed in the coming month September 2021 for 7 days under the category Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act due to festivals and occasions varying from state to state across India. Apart from festive holidays, there are also second/fourth Saturdays and Sundays which bank customers must keep in mind before stepping out physically for conducting banking transactions. By keeping this factor in mind, here we have listed out state-wise bank holidays in September.
List of Bank Holidays In September 2021
Here are the state-wise bank holidays in the month of September due to various occasions.
1. September 5, 2021: Sunday (Weekend)
2. Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva, September 8, 2021: Banks to remain closed in Guwahati.
3. Teej (Haritalika), September 9, 2021: Banks to remain shut in Gangtok.
4. Ganesh Chaturthi/Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Vinayakar Chathurthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata, September 10, 2021: Banks to remain closed in Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, and Panaji.
5. Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day) / Second Saturday, September 11, 2021: Banks will be closed in Panaji.
6. September 12, 2021: Sunday (Weekend)
7. Karma Puja, September 17, 2021: Banks to remain shut in Ranchi.
8. September 19, 2021: Sunday (Weekend)
9. Indrajatra, September 20, 2021: Banks to remain closed in Gangtok.
10. Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day, September 21, 2021: Bank customers will see a bank holiday in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.
11. September 25, 2021: Banks will remain closed due to 4th Saturday.
12. September 26, 2021: Sunday (Weekend)