The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has launched a portal (https://www.tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in) that allows users to find out how many mobile numbers have been issued on behalf of their name. A. Robert Ravi, the Deputy Director General of DoT stated in a report that each person is limited to nine mobile connections. That being said, it has been discovered that over nine mobile connections are active in the names of specific individuals. To help customers regarding the same, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has unveiled an online portal. The department will notify all such customers via SMS, reminding them of the number of active mobile connections on behalf of their names. Users can go to the portal and report any numbers that aren't required. Following that, the telecom service providers will take appropriate steps. Users will be given ticket IDs that will allow them to monitor the progress of the application. The service providers, on the other hand, are in charge of managing the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF). The facilities provided by Telecom Analytics for Fraud management and Consumer Protection (TAF-COP) portal are as follows.
- Subscribers with more than nine multiple connections will receive an SMS notification.
- Subscribers with more than nine multiple connections in their name will be allowed to take action.
- After successfull submission of request, subscribers can track the status of the same by entering the "Ticket ID Ref No" in the "Request Status" box.
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has issued Customer Acquisition Guidelines. These rules enable a Subscriber to register up to nine mobile connections under his or her name. To know more, click here.
Steps to check how many mobile numbers are issued in your name
- Visit https://www.tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/ and enter your mobile number in the required box.
- Now click on 'Request OTP' and you will get a 6-digit OTP on your entered mobile number.
- Now enter the OTP and click on 'Validate'
- Now you will get a list of numbers which are issued on your IDs.
- You can select the numbers that DON'T belong to you and click on 'SUBMIT' to report.