Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) allows e-nomination facilities for its members to get a range of benefits. In its recent Tweet, EPFO has said that one should file an e-nomination for getting Provident Fund (PF), Pension (EPS) and Insurance (EDLI) benefits easily on a member's death. With a series of updates regarding e-nomination, EPFO has made these updates for its members.
For the assurance of social security to members EPFO has also said to choose to file e-nomination today. Access it online through your UAN online. According to EPFO, reasons to file e-nomination online are:
- Purpose: Online payment of PF, Pension and Insurance (EDLI) up to Rs 7 lakhs to eligible family members.
- Updation of nomination: Anytime as per need. Necessary after marriage.
- Documentation & approval: Self-declaration is sufficient. No documentation or approval is required from the employer.
- Online claims: EPF e-nomination facilitates nominees to file online claims.
- EPFO has also said by filing your e-nomination today you can care for your wife, children, and parents. They are empowered to get PF, pension and EDLI benefits online.
How to file e-nomination online?
EPFO has also said via its recent Tweet that "Members can follow these easy steps and conveniently file EPF/EPS nomination digitally."
- Visit EPFO website >> Services >> For Employees >> Click 'Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)'.
- Login with 'UAN and Password'.
- Select 'E-Nomination' under 'Manage Tab'.
- 'Provide Details' tab will appear on the screen. Click 'Save'.
- Click 'Yes' to update your family declaration.
- Click 'Add Family Details' (More than one nominee can be added).
- Click 'Nominee Details' to declare the total amount of share. Click 'Save EPF Nomination'.
- Click 'E-sign' to generate OTP and submit 'OTP' sent on your registered mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- e-Nomination is now registered with EPFO. After e-nomination, no need to send any document to the employer or ex-employer, EPFO said.