EPFO members can submit PF Withdrawal/Settlement/Transfer claims online if their bank account is linked to their EPF account. It is also necessary to have both a bank account and an Aadhaar seeded with an EPF account as part of comprehensive KYC in order to view the details of interest earned and more. Your Employees Provident Fund (EPF) account must comply with KYC requirements, as a result, you can access all the online services on the Employees Provident Fund Organisation's (EPFO) Member e-Sewa Portal. Regarding the same EPFO has recently posted a Tweet for subscribers by informing them that they can update their bank account details online with three easy steps. Let's check how.
How to update bank account details in UAN?
In its recent tweet, EPFO has said that "Know the simple steps through which #employees can easily update their Bank Account Details in #UAN." Follow the steps below to update your bank account details in UAN.
- Visit 'Unified Member Portal'. Login with 'UAN' and 'Password'.
- Click on 'Manage' tab. Select 'KYC' option from Drop Down Menu.
- Select 'Documents'. Enter 'bank account number and IFSC'. Click 'Save'.
On the same Tweet EPFO has also shared some important points for its subscribers, which are as follows:
- After saving new bank details, it will show 'KYC pending for approval'.
- Submit 'Documents' to employer. After documents verification by Employer, 'KYC pending for approval' will change to 'Digitally Approved KYC'.
- Bank accounts of members in State Bank of India (SBI) will be digitally verified by bank itself.
- Members will receive confirmation message from EPFO, after successful verification of bank details by employer/SBI.