On Wednesday, Google Pay announced that its 'Nearby Stores' feature, which was added in April, has now been extended to 35 cities in the country. The feature provides information like business hours, stock of essential goods, etc of grocery stores in the users' neighbourhood.
"Originally rolled in a few cities across India, this Spot is now available in 35 cities across the country. Additionally, merchant establishments can now indicate their business hours, whether social distancing measures are in place at the store and the essential goods presently in stock. Additionally, users in Mumbai can also see if the store is present in a containment zone," said Google in a statement.
The list of cities include:
- Andhra Pradesh: Visakhapatnam
- Bihar: Patna
- Delhi NCR: New Delhi
- Gujarat: Surat, Ahmedabad
- Haryana: Gurugram, Faridabad
- Karnataka: Bengaluru, Mysuru
- Kerala: Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Ernakulam
- Madhya Pradesh: Indore
- Maharashtra: Mumbai, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Orissa: Bhubaneswar
- Punjab: Ludhiana, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar
- Tamil Nadu: Chennai
- Telangana: Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Secunderabad
- Uttar Pradesh: Varanasi, Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Prayag Raj, Kanpur, Noida, Greater Noida
- West Bengal: Kolkata
Google has also made all three service providers of cooking gas- HP Gas, Bharat Petroleum and Indane- live for all users of Google Pay to enable users to book and pay for LPG cylinders over the app.