For the seventh straight year, HDFC has topped the list of WPP-Kantar BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands. The financial institution's worth is estimated at $20.3 billion, which is though a fall of 11% in comparison to the last year's.
For this year banking and financial services sector dominated the charts. For the year 2020 due to the slowdown in sectors including banking as well as automotive, there has been a drop in brand value which is worth $216 billion by 6%.
Companies ranked basis brand value
2. LIC retains its spot and has a brand value of $18.3 billion, i.e. a fall of 9% in comparison to 2019
3. TCS bags the third spot with a valuation of $14.6 billion
4. Kotak Mahindra Bank is at 6th position with a brand value of $7.2 billion, a decline of 6% yoy.
5. SBI is at 10th spot, falling from its last year's 5th rank and brand value decreasing by 36%.
6. ICICI Bank also lost in rank to now hold 11th spot and declined in value by 11%.
7. Infosys is at the 12th rank
Of the top 75 ranking, banking and insurance sector commands 31%. And B2B technology players with a brand value of $22.3 billion lost out to telecom which erstwhile was at the second spot. The telecom sector even surpassed the insurance space and on a combined basis commands a brand value of $25 billion.
The surge in the brand value of telecom space is primarily on account of hike in OTT viewership and online gaming.