The State Bank of India (SBI), the largest pension paying bank in India, recently launched SBI Pension Seva: a dedicated website for pensioners of the bank. The website allows pensioners to check all pension related details instantly.
The services available on SBI Pension Seva include:
- Download of arrear calculation sheets
- Download of pension slip/Form 16
- Pension profile details
- Investment-related details
- Life Certificate status
- Transactions details
A digital service like the SBI Pension Seva will help reduce footfalls into bank branches amid the pandemic and also allow pensioners to access their account details at their own convenience.
Extended benefits to SBI pensioners
- SMS alert on mobile phone with pension payment details.
- Pension slip through email/pension paying branch.
- Facility to submit life certificate at any SBI branch.
- Jeevan Pramaan facility is available at branches.
- Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS).
- EPPO provision for Defence/Railway/CPAO/Rajasthan pensioners.
How to register on SBI Pension Seva?
- Create a user-ID
- Enter pension account number
- Enter the date of birth
- Enter the branch code of pension paying branch
- Registered email-ID is the same as submitted to the branch
- Enter a new password, then confirm password.
- Submitting Life Certificate
Pensioners are required to submit their Life Certificate, also called "Jeevan Praman Patra" at bank or post office branches or online, once a year, to certify that the pensioner is alive. On failure to submit it by November, the pension payment will not be made.
The deadline is usually 30 November each year but SBI pensioners can submit it by the end of December.
Further, in light of the coronavirus pandemic, the government has allowed additional time for pensioners to submit their life certificates.
Moreover, the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) had announced at the start of the year that pensioners can submit their life certificates online throughout the year. This life certificate will remain valid for 1 year from the date of its submission.
This life certificate can be submitted:
- Manually (by submitting the physical form at your SBI bank branch)
- Digitally at an SBI branch
- Online using the UMANG app
- Creating a life certificate by visiting Citizen Service Centres (CSC) or Aadhaar Seva Kendra anywhere in the country.
Digital life certificates allow pensioners to generate the certificate instantly using their Aadhaar number. The facility was introduced in 2015.
The dedicated government website- https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/ -enables the generation of digital life certificates.
There is no need to follow up with the pension disbursing bank as a submission on the Jeevan Pramaan website suffices. Your bank will receive the certificate digitally.
Details of the pensioner's Aadhaar, bank account details and mobile number are required to perform the biometric verification to generate the certificate.
Alternatively, these can be digitally submitted at any EPFO office, pension disbursing bank, UMANG app or common service centre.
In January, the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions had instructed pension disbursing banks to provide doorstep submission facility to pensioners who fail to submit it by 30 November, for a charge not exceeding Rs 60.
Banks were also asked to send additional reminders via SMS/Email to pensioners who had not submitted their life certificates by the deadline.
To submit a pension-related complaint with SBI, you can :
- SMS "UNHAPPY" to 8008202020
- Call SBI's 24x7 toll-free customer care numbers: 1800 425 3800, 1800 112 211, 1800 110 009 or 080-2659 9990
- Lodge a complaint at www.sbi.co.in
- Send e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com