You must wait six days for any income tax-related work to be completed via the income tax department's e-filing system. Between June 1, 2021, and June 6, 2021, the e-filing portal will be unavailable.
On June 7, 2021, the income tax department will launch a new e-filing portal (www.incometax.gov.in), and the current portal, www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in, will be unavailable from June 1 to June 6.
Good things are on their way!— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) June 1, 2021
Get ready to experience the exciting features on our new e-Filing portal https://t.co/GYvO3n9wMf from 7th June, 2021 onwards.
You come first, always.
Stay Tuned!#NewPortal #eFiling #EasingCompliance pic.twitter.com/bTfl2zgXKp
"We are excited to be moving to the new e-Filing portal from 7th June 2021 onwards. The new portal, designed to be more user-friendly, will have several new features and enhancements. Stay Tuned!" the I-T department tweeted.
Latest features of the new income tax e-filing portal:
1) The new user-friendly interface will be integrated with the immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) in order to provide taxpayers with prompt refunds.
2) All transactions, uploads, and pending actions will be shown on a single dashboard for the taxpayer to review and act on.
3) ITR preparation software is available for free both offline and online, including interactive questions to assist taxpayers in filing ITRs even if they have no prior tax experience, with pre-filling for minimal data entry work.
4) New taxpayer support call center with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos, and other resources for rapid responses to taxpayer questions.
5) All important desktop portal functionalities will be available on the mobile app, which will then be enabled for full mobile network access.
6) Following that, a new online tax payment system will be introduced on the new portal, with several new payment choices including net banking, UPI, RTGS, NEFT, and other modalities.
As we move to the new e-filing portal, e-filing services will not be available from 1st-6th June,2021.— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) May 27, 2021
Do plan to complete your e-filing work accordingly/by 31st May/on our new portal https://t.co/GYvO3n9wMf 7th Jun, 2021 onwards.
Stay Tuned!#NewPortal #eFiling #EasingCompliance pic.twitter.com/i3wi45cTI0