A new and smart cylinder named 'Composite Cylinder' has been launched by the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) for smart use by its customers. The smartness of this cylinder is that one can track the level of how much LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) has been used and the remaining. The Indane composite cylinder, IndianOil's newest LPG product, is made up of three layers. It is constructed of a blow-molded High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) inner liner, a polymer-wrapped fiber glass composite layer, and an HDPE outer jacket, according to IOCL. To welcome this new product to your kitchen, here are the 10 facts and features you need to know of the new 'Composite Cylinder, according to the official website of IOCL.
- They are light weight: the tare weight of a composite cylinder is half of its steel counterpart.
- They have a translucent Body which helps customers to accurately check the LPG level against light. This will help customers plan their next refill easily.
- They are rust-free, and do not corrode. This reduces the chances of leaving stains and marks on surfaces.
- They are aesthetically designed which makes them visually appealing and ideal for modern kitchens of today.
- Presently, the composite cylinders are available at select distributors in Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Faridabad & Ludhiana in 5 kg and 10 kg sizes.
- The 10 kg variant is marketed only under the domestic non-subsidized category whereas the 5 kg variant is available under the domestic non-subsidized category and as free trade LPG (FTL) through various point of sale options.
- The security deposit for domestic non-subsidized category is Rs. 3350 for the 10 kg variant and Rs. 2150 for the 5 kg variant.
- Indane customers can replace their existing steel cylinder with the state-of-the-art composite cylinder by paying the difference in security deposit.
- The composite cylinder will be delivered to your home just like the existing gas cylinder through Indane distributors.
- The 5 kg composite cylinder is also available in FTL category. The present cost of the 5 kg composite FTL cylinder is Rs. 2537/- inclusive of GST. The refill cost varies periodically depending on the location. For more info on FTL connection please refer link /pages/chhotu-gas-cylinder.
Source: Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.