On July 19, 2021, the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) launched Arogya Rakshak, which is a health insurance policy that is non-linked, non-participating, and has a regular premium. According to LIC "This plan provides fixed benefit health insurance cover against certain specified health risks and provides timely support in the case of medical emergencies and helps the insured and his family to remain financially independent in difficult times."
According to the press release of LIC:
- An individual can insure himself/herself as (principal insured), his or her spouse, all children, and parents under one policy.
- The plan is available for principal insured/spouse/parents aged 18 years to 65 years and children of age 91 days to 20 years. The cover period is available for principal insured/spouse/parents up to the age of 80 years and for children up to 25 years.
Arogya Rakshak plan, according to LIC, will provide the following benefits under a single health insurance policy:
- Flexible benefit limit to choose from
- Flexible premium payment options.
- Valuable financial protection in case of hospitalization, surgery, etc.
- Lump-sum benefit irrespective of actual medical costs
- Increasing health cover by way of Auto Step Up Benefit and No Claim Benefit.
- If more than one member is covered under a policy. Premium Waiver for other insured(s) in case of unfortunate death of the original principal insured, i.e. the policyholder at the inception of the policy.
- Premium waiver benefit for one year in the event of any insured undergoing surgery falling under Category I or Category II for certain major surgical benefits.
- Ambulance benefit.
- Health check-up benefit
- LIC's New Term Insurance Rider and LIC's Accident Benefit Rider are the optional riders available under the plan.
- For more details, you can visit www.licindia.in or can contact your nearest LIC branch.