Amid the pandemic, Indians have been increasingly using online mediums to make their purchases and pay their utility bills. If you have been using apps to pay electricity bills, you may also consider booking LPG cylinder on apps.
To attract more users to their app, Paytm is now offering up to Rs 500 cashback to users making first time LPG cylinder bookings using their app. The offer is valid till 31 December 2020 only.
All the three fuel marketing companies- Indian Oil Corp (Indane Gas), Bharat Petroleum (Bharat Gas) and Hindustan Petroleum (HP Gas)- have enabled multiple booking mediums including booking over WhatsApp, via phone calls and using payment apps like Google Pay, Paytm.
Note that from 1 November, customers who wish to receive home delivery of their LPG cylinders are required to provide a one-time password (OTP) to the delivery agent. This is a Delivery Authentication Code (DAC) which is sent to the customer's registered mobile number to keep a check on false bookings.
Households in India can book 14.2 kg LPG cylinders at subsidized rates in a year.
Here's how to book LPG cylinders over Paytm and avail the Rs 500 cashback benefit:
- Open the Paytm app on your phone or visit paytm.com and select the 'Book a Cylinder' option.
- Next, select your LPG cylinder provider: Bharat Gas, Indane or HP Gas.
- Enter your details like registered mobile number or LPG ID or customer number.
- Select on "Proceed".
- Check the price of the LPG cylinder for the month and select the option to proceed with payment.
- Before enabling payment, you have the option to enter the promo code. Type "FIRSTLPG" as the promo code to receive the cashback of up to Rs 500.