On New Year's eve, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) unveiled Khadi India's official e-Commerce site eKhadiIndia.com. The website catalogues over 50,000 productsunder more than 500 varieties and various categories oflocally made Khadi and Village Industries products. The portal is a step towards building an ecosystem that enables MSMEs to help achieve the Prime Minister's goal of "Aatmanirbhar Bharat".
During the trial launch of the portal, Secretary, MSME Shri A.K. Sharma mentioned that the interest of our weavers, artisans, craftsmen and farmers has always been our top priority. At the same time, ecofriendly and authentic Khadi & traditional village industry products made by them have always remained close to the heart of people of India. Now, those products are just a click away. Portal will fulfill the customer's needs and supply the products at their door steps. For last few months, we have been pushing all limits to create an ecosystem for withstanding the challenges of Covid. The ecommerce portal of KVIC is the result of our persistent work in that direction.
The Key Components of ekhadiindia.com that sets it apart from other online ecommerce platforms:-
- Exclusively focuses on Khadi and Villages Industries products.
- Authentic Khadi Trade Mark products will be available only through this portal.
- It's built on an ecosystem where any SME/Artisans/ Weavers can directly sell their products thus driving the country towards digital India and "Aatmanirbhar Bharat".
- The ekhadiindia.com website is at par with any other modern technology rich ecommerce portal.
- Portal has also features of bulk orders and direct sellers registration.