In the digital era conducting digital transactions over the internet has been an instant and peaceful job for banking customers especially senior citizens. And when it comes to digital banking, the country's largest public-sector lender State Bank of India (SBI) offers a range of online services to its customers. The State Bank of India's Internet banking service is known as OnlineSBI where both retail and corporate customers can access their accounts from anywhere on a 24/7 basis. But to open an online banking account at OnlineSBI customers are required to create a strong User ID and password. By keeping the rising online scams and fraudulent activities in mind the lender has recently shared a range of ways to create a strong password to avoid cybercrime. Via its Twitter handle the lender has recently said that "A strong password ensures higher levels of security. Here are 8 ways in which you can create an unbreakable password and protect yourself from cybercrime."
Ways To Create Strong SBI Account Password
Via its video tweet of 1.45 min, SBI has shared the following ways to create a strong unbreakable password:
1. Use a combination of both uppercase and lowercase letters. E.g. aBjsE7uG.
2. Use both numbers and symbols. E.g. AbjsE7uG61!@
3. Use a minimum of 8 characters to ensure adequate security. E.g. aBjsE7uG
4. Do not use any common dictionary words. E.g. itislocked or thisismypassword
5. Do not use memorable keyword paths like 'qwerty" or "asdfg". Instead, play with your keyboard and add emoticons like ":)",":/" says SBI.
6. Do not keep obvious passwords like 12345678 or abcdefg, according to SBI.
7. Do not use easy-to-guess substitutions like DOORBELL - DOOR8377, said the lender.
8. Keep your password long and do not connect it with your family/birth date etc. E.g. Ramesh@1967.
A strong password ensures higher levels of security. Here are 8 ways in which you can create an unbreakable password and protect yourself from cybercrime. Stay alert & #SafeWithSBI! #CyberSafety #StrongPassword #OnlineSafety #CyberCrime #StaySafe pic.twitter.com/ScSI8H5ApF— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) August 18, 2021
Your password is your signature. Keep it unique and strong, said SBI. State Bank of India is India's largest public sector bank with over 15000 branches and five affiliate banks in distant regions of the country. The bank provides both corporate and retail customers with a comprehensive selection of banking products and services. Currently, SBI has its online banking service services over 15,000 branches across India.