The domestic market finally rebounded on Friday in the morning session after witnessing sharp dip on May 12 as Asian Markets too registered a rebound. Sensex recorded a surge of 706.92 in noon trade to 53,637 while Nifty gained 234.45 points at 16042.45. However, the markets could not maintain its momentum and ended lower to close at 52,793.62. The power and metal sector dragged and auto sector surged. The metal and power indices ended approximately 1 to 2 percent lower. Pharma, auto, and FMCG indices remained robust.
Heavyweight RIL registered strong growth as Investors decided to look beyond high CPI inflation data for the month of April. The CPI inflation data soared to 7.79 percent in April. Meanwhile, Tata Motors recorded a strong growth following better demand. Shares of financial sector, oil and gas sector, IT sector registered robust growth and emerged as biggest movers. The broader markets gained displayed in the Nifty Midcap 100 and Nifty Smallcap 100's surge of nearly two percent each.
Below are the top 5 Nifty shares that gained the most in the trade today:
1. Tata Motors: The Tata Motors Share surged by 8 percent today in the early trade soon after the company posted its March Quarter earning report. The stock registered a growth of almost 8 percent to 404.30 apiece during today's session. Earlier, Tata Motors reported a net profit of 413.3 crore for the month of January to March period. However, Tata Motors' standalone revenue remained 17,338.3 crore as against the analysts' estimates of 26,478 crores.
2. Sun Pharma: The shares of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries featured in the top gainers category in Nifty. The shares surged by 3.82 percent to 882.50 per share.
3. M&M: Mahindra And Mahindra shares also recorded positive growth today. The price per share remained 889.50 with a surge of nearly 2.80 percent. The lower circuit limit was recorded at 800.10 while upper circuit limit hovered around 977.80.
4. HUL: The shares of Hindustan Unilever recorded good growth of nearly 2.49 percent in today's morning trade. The price per share of HUL was recorded at 2194. BSE
5. ITC: Shares of ITC remained in the top gainers' category in the market trading today. The stock registered a growth of 2.25 % to 258 apiece.