Vodafone Idea Limited (Vi), India's leading telecom operator headquartered in Mumbai has integrated 'Vi Movies & TV App' into the 'Vi App. This move will "allow customers to stream their favorite content seamlessly. Offering a simplified and new user experience, Vi App will now double up as an OTT app offering a rich repertoire of content, in addition to the wide range of products & services available," according to the press release of the telecom giant issued on 28th August 2021.
According to the media report of Vi, subscribers can now access robust content on Vi App from:
- 450+ Live TV channels including the likes of Zee TV, Zee Cinema, Colors HD, Colors Infinity, Discovery, MTV, History TV, SunTV, Zee Bangla, Animal Planet, Nick & many more.
- Live News on channels like Aaj Tak, India TV, CNBC Awaaz, Republic TV, ABP News, NDTV 24x7, CNN News & many more.
- Premium content from OTT apps like Voot Select, Discovery, Lionsgate Play, SunNxt and Shemaroo Me.
"The integrated experience is now live for Android users and will soon be available for iOS users. You can download the App via: https://myvi.in/VI_MTV," said Vi in its press release.
Vi on the other side has also "has rolled out Voice Over WiFi (VoWiFi) calling service for prepaid and postpaid customers in Uttar Pradesh - East circle. The service is now available for Vi customers in Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Gorakhpur amongst others," according to the media report issued on 25th August 2021.
"Vi VoWiFi calling service provides seamless and extended indoor coverage. Get superior call quality with no call drops at home or office while connected to WiFi. Vi pre-paid and post-paid customers in Uttar Pradesh East circle can now undertake VoWifi calling at no extra charge," press release has further mentioned.
How to activate VoWiFi calling service on your smartphone?
The VoWiFi calling service is completely free to use on a smartphone. By following these easy steps, you can get it for free according to Vi:
- Check if the smartphone supports Wi-Fi calling (www.myvi.in/viwifi-calling).
- Have a Vi 4G Sim with VoLTE, calling service.
- Get on to a Wi-Fi network.
- Update your smartphone operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling.
- Go to the device's 'Settings' page and Switch On Wi-Fi Calling.
- Just dial like any other phone call and experience the VoWiFi from Vi today.
"VoWifi calling service is currently available in Kolkata, Delhi, NCR, Haryana, Mumbai, Gujarat, M&G, Rajasthan and UP East. Vi is in the process of extending VoWifi to more locations over the coming months," according to the media report of Vi.